Balthasar Ress | Rheingau

Balthasar Ress | Rheingau

Founded in 1870 by the Rheingau hotelier Balthasar Ress, the wine estate numbers among the large, family-operated enterprises in the Rheingau today. A member of the selective VDP group, Balthasar Ress has consistent high standards of performance and reliability–hallmarks of the estate since its founding. In 1993, the new winery building “Rheinallee” purchased the old farm house offers in Rheinallee, which is an impressive setting for events of all kinds. Today the estate is run by Stefan and Christian Ress, who represent the fourth and fifth generations of the founding family. The vineyards cover 35 hectares of vineyards. They are planted on the vast majority of the Riesling (31.5 ha) and Pinot Noir and other varieties.

"Their Treasury Store (Wine Bank) vintage wines dating back until 1920th. Since June 2009, the winery also owns a 3,000 square meter vineyard on the island of Sylt, which is the most northerly vineyard in Germany."